The Environmental Record Centre for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Website
Terms and Conditions of use
The aim of the website is to inform data providers and data users about ERCCIS, to promote and encourage recording in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and to act as the centre for wildlife and geology information in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and explain what services can be provided.
The objective is to create and maintain a website that is simple to use, eye catching and informative.
ERCCIS will abide by the house style document approved by Cornwall Wildlife Trust which broadly governs the format and layout of the web pages to ensure each page, although written by different authors, has a consistent style and structure.
Maintenance of the structure and content of the ERCCIS website is controlled by ERCCIS staff. Members of staff are assigned different website roles within ERCCIS and can add and/or change content to keep the website up to date.
All material on this Site is copyright ERCCIS and CWT unless otherwise stated.
You are permitted to view the contents of this Site on screen. You are also permitted, within reason, to print one copy of reasonable extracts from the Site for your personal use or private study and to save one copy of such reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use or private study. No other use of the content and materials featured on the website is permitted with our written permission. Publications that are available on the site are free to download unless otherwise stated.
It is strictly forbidden to copy any material from this Site for commercial use (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business).
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information supplied on this Site, ERCCIS cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions, and makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about its content or the content of any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link. All information is subject to change without notice.
Changes to this Agreement
If we make any changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use, your use of the Site and/or any the information provided within it following the date of that change will be governed by the changed Agreement.
Linking to site
We encourage businesses and others to link their sites to our site if we believe there will be benefit for both within the framework of our objectives. You must not link to our site for commercial purposes without our written agreement.
There are some key areas to the ERCCIS website. These areas are as follows:
- Wildlife Information Service – this section enables data users to be informed what wildlife information services ERCCIS offers. The ERCCIS Charging Policy and Data Access Policy for desk studies are available to download. Information Request Forms are available online. Website users can contact the Wildlife Information Service with general wildlife enquiries.
- Wildlife Recording – This section contains support and guidelines for recorders, whether experienced or novice and links to our Online Recording Website www.orks.org.uk which is governed by its own terms and conditions.
- Data Request – this is a metadata section allowing data users to search for information they need from the ERCCIS library on books and journals. Information about the digital maps ERCCIS uses and can provide is also explained in this section.
- ERCCIS Projects – the past and present projects ERCCIS is running are listed and some explained in more detail. Project reports are made available to download or purchase where possible.
- Events – ERCCIS events and workshops are listed online. Events cannot be viewed once the date has passed. After some events, a short summary of the event will be written as a news-type article.
Other general website content includes news, contact details, staff profiles, job vacancies, and publications.