ERCCIS own, collates and manages a huge amount of data relating to the natural environment of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and as of the start of 2016 ERCCIS manage over 4,000,000 habitat records in 115 GI datasets and all the data available for release is brought together via the ERCCIS Wildlife Information Service Reports System.
The habitat datasets can be further broken down into eight group, each with example datasets. For a full list of the habitat datasets owned or managed by ERCCIS please contact the Data Manager.
- The Heathland Inventory for Cornwall;
- The Culm Audit for Cornwall.
Isles of Scilly Habitat Datasets
- The Isles of Scilly Vegetation Status (Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust Ownership).
Land Cover Datasets
- The Land Cover of Cornwall 1988;
- The Land Cover of Cornwall 1995;
- The Land Cover of Cornwall 2005;
- The Land Cover of the Isles of Scilly 2005;
- The Land Cover change for Cornwall 1995 to 2005.
Marine Habitat Datasets
- The Cornish North Coast Intertidal Habitats (The Intertidal Discovery Dataset).
- The NVC Lizard survey (The National Trust Ownership).
- Cornwall Phase 1 (Based on Cornwall Land Cover 2005);
- The Cornwall Wildlife Trust Phase1 Surveys (The Cornwall Wildlife Trust Ownership).
Priority Habitat Datasets
- The Local Sites (BAP) Habitat Surveys.
UAV or Remote Sensed Datasets
- Upton Towan's (trial) UAV Survey
The habitat data hosted and owned by ERCCIS includes datasets
- using various habitat recording systems include Phase1, NVC, Intertidal Phase1 and 2, EUNIS, (ERCCIS) Land cover system and Priority Habitats (formally BAP);
- with various temporal coverage from 1988 to 2015;
- with various spatial coverage from surveys under 1Km2 to the whole of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- with various ownership and original surveyors includes dataset created by ERCCIS and datasets hosted for external organisations;